Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Curse the day........

....That I discovered Pinterest.
Not because I spend alot of time there(Limit myself to one page of pins a day) but because it is so inspiring. Don't get me wrong...Inspiration is wonderful but it makes me think about refinishing old furniture when I should be concentrating on my studies.I want to do everything I see!Last night I made this wreath after being inspired by this GORGEOUS WREATH.

During my summer break, I refinished 2 dressers, a desk and a night table and I just love the process. Here is the night table(wish I had centered the basket) and I also made this centerpiece but that was before Pinterest.
I wish I had taken a before picture because it was in such bad shape. It was originally white, covered in barbie stickers and drawn on with markers but I got it for $5.00 at a yard sale...I just couldn't walk away from it! Here are a few close-ups of the distressing

My scraproom is now a Pinterestroom...I will share those photos in another post. That's it for now but just a few words of wisdom...if you check out Pinterest you will be ADDICTED and your husband will not appreciate all those little extra projects you will impose upon him....hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. wow you are so clever! i haven't been on pin interest but have heard about it.. i think i will avoid going there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of pin interest & have even been sent the email to join but haven't actually joined yet! However based on some of the very clever work you've done...maybe I should! :-) I loved that wreath! It's beautiful...and the work you did on the dresses is notable! Loved it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails